There’s no better time than a cold winter night to enjoy a good old-fashioned slow cooker beef stew. We are sharing our favorite recipe. It only takes 20 minutes to prepare, place it in the slow cooker and forget about it for 3 hours. We hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we do!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 3 Hours
2 lbs of Deer Trail Meat Co. stew meat
1 cup flour
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 white onion
6 Carrots (peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick)
4 Celery (trimmed and sliced 1/2 inch thick)
2 large potatoes (diced into cubes)
2 tbsp thyme leaves
6 cups beef broth
3 tbsp tomato paste
1 cup frozen peas
1 clove garlic
- Place the stew meat in a large bowl and sprinkle with the flour, salt, and pepper. Mix well. Add the vegetable oil followed by the seasoned stew meat.
- Place a large, heavy skillet over high heat. Cook the meat, stirring occasionally, until well browned. Transfer to a slow cooker and switch to high heat.
- Add the onions, carrots, celery, thyme leaves, garlic, beef broth, and tomato paste to the slow cooker and season with salt and pepper. Stir well to combine. Cover with a lid and cook for 3 hours on high.
- Stir in the peas, let simmer for 5 minutes and serve.
- Enjoy the taste of our fresh beef free from steroids, chemicals and hormones and share your experience with friends!
Deer Trail Meat Co. is based out of Deer Trail, Colorado and offers beef and pork that are grass-fed, grain finished without the use of chemicals, hormones, or steroids. Our online ordering makes it easy for you to get quality beef and fair prices. You have the option of relying on our in-house butcher’s choice of cuts or you have the option to customize your order to suit your family’s needs. Farm to table without compromise. Visit our website to learn more.